- Node.js version version 0.10.22.
- StrongLoop modules to support application clustering.
- The Running Node Inspector debugger.
- A set of commonly-used modules, known as community modules or userland modules.
- Comprehensive toolset intended for production use. See Command-line reference (slc).
StrongLoop has selected the best module available in npm for commonly-used features (for example: flow control, web server). Depending on your subscription plan, StrongLoop will help you to solve any problems you may encounter while using these modules. You don't have to troubleshoot third-party code and you can focus on building applications.
For links to the modules' documentation, see Supporting module reference.
StrongNode modules fall into two categories: cluster-related and other modules. Additionally, StrongLoop Suite supports a set of community ("userland") modules.
The following modules enable Node applications to create child processes that all share the same network port. This enables applications to take advantage of multi-core systems:
- Strong-cluster-control - Allows for run-time management of cluster processes.
- Strong-store-cluster - A key-value store accessible to all nodes in a node.js
- Strong-cluster-connect-store - Provides sessions for Connect and Express applications. Manages workers, ensuring the correct number of workers are available; enables you to change the worker pool size without restarting the application.
- Strong-cluster-socket.io-store - Provides an easy solution for running a socket.io server when using node cluster.
- Strong-cluster-tls-store - An implementation of TLS session store using node's native cluster messaging. Additionally, provides several different message queue implementations, including cluster-native messaging.
- Strong-mq - An abstraction layer over common message distribution patterns.
- Strong-cli - The StrongLoop command-line tool.
- Strong-agent - Enables performance monitoring of your node.js application, including system resource use.
- Node Inspector – Debugging interface for Node.js.
- Strong-task-emitter - Performs an arbitrary number of tasks recursively and in parallel and, using an event emitter, passes the results in an asynchronous message.
- Strong-remoting - Makes objects and data in your Node application need to be reachable from other Node processes, browsers, and mobile clients.
StrongLoop supports a set of commonly-used community modules that provide crucial functionality:
- Express – Web application framework.
- Connect – Rich middleware framework.
- Passport – Simple, unobtrusive authentication.
- Mongoose – Elegant mongodb object modeling.
- Async – Higher-order functions and common patterns for asynchronous code.
- Request – Simplified HTTP request client.
- Socket.IO – Cross-browser WebSocket for realtime apps.
- Engine.IO – Transport layer for real time data exchange.
- Reggie – Lightweight alternative to a full blown npm registry.